Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Good Semi-ritan

Well, I'm home for Christmas, and seeing how long it's been since my last post made me a bit sick, so I figure I should write about the trip home a few weeks ago for Thanksgiving.

A certain car went up through a mountain pass, and fell among snow pack, which stripped it of its traction, and slowed it, and stuck, leaving it stranded.
And by chance, there came up a certain tow-truck driver that way: and when he saw the car, he stopped and suggested a way to apply the tire chains, but wouldn't help, save to tow the car up the hill for two-days' wage. So he passed by on the other side.
And likewise another tow-truck driver, when he was at the place, came and looked on the car, and tried to put the chains on, but couldn't, and passed by to tow another car.
But a certain policeman, as he drove up, came where the car was; and when he saw it, he had compassion on its passengers,
And parked behind the car with his lights on for safety, and when he couldn't apply the chains, he called for a tow-truck driver who could, and he went to them, and chained up the tires, and helped get the car moving.
And when they got back down the mountain, the road was cleared and they could take the chains off and drive the rest of the way home.
Which now of these three showed the true spirit of Thanksgiving?

Luckily, when I had to make the drive by myself this past week, the weather was great until I got to my own neighborhood.
Safe travels and Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones - and if anyone wants to learn how to put tire chains on, I'm here for two more weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Glad there are still some good people out there. And glad you made it safely!

    ReplyDelete